RF-Cloning.org Forum

Anything and everything cloning: Go...

You are not logged in.

#1 2024-02-26 07:18:32

OYlieLox

Training Camp Buzz: RFAs Zegras, Drysdale miss 1st day for Ducks

Welcome to the 2023 24 NHL training camp buzz. Training camp is underway for all 32 teams and NHL.com has you covered with all the latest news.Anaheim DucksTrevor Zegras and Jamie Drysdale did not attend the opening day of training camp Thursday. Each is a restricted free agent and doesn't have a contract for this season."I've gone through it myself, " said general manager Pat Verbeek,  who played 20 seasons in the NHL. "I went into camp unsigned and I understand what these players are going through. I understand what management's going through. So it's a process. It just has to work itself through. There's constant talks and so you just work through it."Zegras,  a 22 year old forward,  was selected No. 9 by the Ducks in the 2019 NHL Draft. He led the Ducks with 65 points  23 goals,  42 assists  in 81 games last season.Drysdale,  a 21 year old defenseman,  was selected No. 6 by the Ducks in the 2020 NHL Draft. He sustained a shoulder injury Oct. 28 and underwent season ending surgery,  limiting him to eight games last season. In 2021 22 he was second among rookie NHL defensemen with 32 points  four goals Carter Hart Jersey,  28 assists  in 81 games. Dan ArrittColorado AvalancheAndrew Coglianois hoping to be cleared to play for the Avalanche's season opener against the Los Angeles Kings on Oct. 11."We're targeting,  for sure,  that area,  the first game I think, " the forward said Friday. "Now,  we're just checking all the boxes. We're going slow with it. We're making sure that everyone's confident when I come back,  even though things are healed,  and I got the full support of everyone here to do that."Cogliano has been a non contact participant at training camp after he suffered multiple fractures in his neck in Game 6 of the 2023 Western Conference First Round."No surgery. I got lucky, " he said. "If I think about things,  all things worked out the right way because there were two fractures,  and in some cases they have you wearing a brace for a long time. I wore it here and there,  but I thought it did more hindering than good for me. So I ended up [not wearing] a brace,  and I think that probably helped me just be where I am today,  because I think if you wear a brace https://www.flyersprostore.com/bobby-clarke-jersey,  your neck muscles don't respond well. So even though it was two fractures,  I think,  knock on wood,  everything went the right way." Ryan BouldingSan Jose SharksCaptain Logan Couture is week to week with a lower body injury and will miss the start of training camp. There is no timetable yet for his return."It's frustrating, " the forward said Thursday. "I wish I was out there with the guys. It's been tough,  just watching. I hate watching,  I want to play. I want to be a part of the everyday  routine."Couture said he injured himself during his offseason training."It's fortunate that it happened now,  so I can get back, " he said. "Right now,  the goal is not to miss any games and that's all I'm focused on right now."Couture had 67 points  27 goals,  40 assists  in 82 games last season."It opens the door for  William  Eklund and other young players,  for sure, ' Sharks coach David Quinn said. 'I think everyone here knows what  Cooch' means to our team on and off the ice. He'll be sorely missed if he isn't able to start the season with us,  but it will also give an opportunity to someone else." Chelena GoldmanVegas Golden KnightsRobin Lehner is not ready to play and will begin this season on long term injured reserve.The goalie has not played since April 25,  2022,  because of a hip injury. On Aug. 11,  2022,  the Golden Knights announced he would need hip surgery that would cause him to miss last season.The 31 year old had shoulder surgery in April 2022 for an injury he sustained Feb. 9. He missed five games before returning. After playing March 8 in a 2 1 loss at the Philadelphia Flyers https://www.flyersprostore.com/wayne-simmonds-jersey,  he did not play again until a 3 2 overtime win at the Vancouver Canucks on April 3. On April 25,  Vegas said he would be out for the season and expected him to be ready for training camp.Without Lehner last season,  the Golden Knights used five different goalies in the regular season and two Laurent Brossoit and Adin Hill in the postseason when they won the Stanley Cup.

Board footer